Did you know...
The College of Kinesiologists of Ontario's RKin Exam (CKO-RKin) is made up of 25% of what you learned at school and a whopping 75% that you may not have seen before?
Does this sound familiar??
We bet you might be struggling to find the courage and confidence to register and take the only exam standing in your way of becoming a Registered Kinesiologist in Ontario.
You know this is the next step in your career but each time you think about going through with it, you hesitate and keep putting it off.
You feel overwhelmed and worry about failing because you …
- lack hands-on experience because you didn't get great co-op terms or internships at school
- feel unprepared even after years in the program and graduating with pretty good marks
- stress over not knowing what to study, how you're going to get through it, or even where to start
- can’t figure out how you're going to fit the needed study time into your life right now
- think you will forget everything you study — you’ll panic and blank out during the exam
- agonize over how long you’ve been out of school and how much you need to learn again
You might be thinking... It shouldn't be this difficult or scary to get this entry to practice exam done.
The truth is… it doesn’t have to be this tough.
You didn’t come this far to only come this far on this journey. You chose this career path for a reason. Your fear of not knowing how to get organized, what to study, and how to succeed on the CKO-RKin exam shouldn't be holding you back.
Does it take work?
Of course it does! We won't kid you about that. But Malik will show you how to budget your time, maximize your study skills, focus your energy, and lower your anxiety.
Malik’s RKin Exam Prep Course is a worthwhile investment to help you write your exam knowing you did everything you could to get ready. Having a mentor to guide you through this process is super smart.
Malik The Kin's
RKin Exam Prep Course
An 8-week, online course with a dedicated learning group to help you prep, practice, and confidently know what and how to study for the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario's RKin Exam (CKO-RKin).
Feel at ease being part of a like-minded, supportive and collaborative environment. Work alongside your soon to be professional peers and build a network at the same time!
You'll get strategically planned video lessons, a discount on fun flashcards, five practice quizzes, sample exams, a pile case studies, and LIVE group Zoom meet ups to talk about it ALL.
With Malik Carby-Corbett as your guide, you’ll be moving forward with your own personal study buddy to help you focus and answer any questions you have.
Get everything you need in one place to confidently prepare, practice, and study for your RKin exam.
Self-Paced Video Lessons
- 8 weeks of strategically crafted video lessons to guide you.
- Instant access to ALL video lessons so you can work at your own pace.
- Downloadable PDFs of all slide decks so you don’t have to take notes.
Effective Study Material
- Anatomy flashcards to easily test your knowledge and improve your memory.
- Anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, ergonomics, math, and professional practice questions with to-the-point answers.
- Access to all of the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario learning modules.
- Detailed downloadable workbook with PDFs of all slides from the 8 video lessons.
- Save time, taking notes is now optional.
- Quick access to notes makes it easy to study and know what to focus on.
Quizzes & Practice Exams
- Five quizzes covering each content area
- Full-length practice exams (3 different ones!).
- Grasp how to analyze multiple choice questions to find the right answer.
- Learn tips and tricks to help you do your very best and learn how to write a good exam.
In-Depth Case Studies
- Get strategies to carefully work through case studies.
- Learn how to assess clients' movement patterns, injuries and lifestyle, arrive at clinical findings, and design treatment plans
- Get the hands-on experience you need to build your confidence with clients.
From 'Malik The Kin' and First Line Education
- Facebook group for all your up-to-the-minute questions.
- Supportive LIVE Zoom Q&A and review Meet Ups every two weeks...with replays available!
- Email support access to Malik to get answers to all your questions.
In just 8 weeks…
Malik The Kin's RKin Exam Prep Course will keep you motivated and focused while boosting your confidence and your ability to succeed.>> Enroll Now
"Coming into the application process of the exam, I was completely out of sorts of what to do, where to start and how to find resources. Joining this course not only settled my nerves but made it 10x easier to study, find resources, ask questions and receive lots of support. Highly recommend this course for anyone who doesn't know where to start!"
- Mallory Rodriquez
"Thanks for all the guidance, resources and insights - I passed and couldn’t be more happy!"
- Kavita Gopal
Meet Malik Carby-Corbett
A successful Toronto-based Kinesiologist and former Ontario Kinesiology Association (OKA) board member with a passion for coaching and athlete development. Malik partnered with First Line Education to create The RKin Exam Prep Course to help fellow soon-to-be RKin’s easily study and prep for the entry-to-practice exam.
When he is not teaching the RKin Exam Prep Course, he works as the Assistant Strength & Conditioning coach of the AHL Toronto Marlies.
With this course, Malik has helped over 100 students study for the CKO entry-to-practice exam. He is able to demonstrate to students the gap between what they have learned in school, the knowledge required to become a registered kinesiologist, and a proven process to be successful.
Whether you are someone who learns through visual aids, auditory lessons, text-based formats, or constantly quizzing your knowledge, Malik has designed the course to support all types of learning styles. He also makes the content relatable by adding stories and the perspective of his network of peers to cement the information delivered throughout each student's learning journey.
Know where to start
Quite possibly, your undergraduate program did not specifically give you everything you need for the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario's RKin Exam (CKO-RKin).
Though school covers all aspects and competencies you need, only specific sections are tested.
By narrowing down what to focus on most, you'll have a blueprint and set structure to approach and study for the CKO-RKin exam
Get a clear idea of what the exam will consist of, and be reassured that you are not walking in blind.
Stay motivated and on track
Move at your own pace within a group and have a dedicated guide that is there for you right when you need them.
In those moments when you’re floundering through what to focus on, easily ask for help to quickly move forward.
Using the streamlined study structure you’ll also learn how to stay on track even during the busy times in your life.
Practice with unique study tools & insight
Learn from people who have completed the CKO-RKin with success.
Use a tried & tested study structure that gathers all the important information in one place:
- No need for note-taking, with the comprehensive workbook to accompany each video lesson.
- Quickly and easily test your knowledge with flashcards to improve your memory.
- Practice quizzes, case studies, and complete sample exams.
You’ll also learn how to analyze multiple choice questions to find the right answer and carefully pick out highlights in case studies.
No more trying to figure this out on your own hoping you studied the right competencies and remember everything!
Prep for success with these lessons
Introduction, Exam Orientation & Study Tips
Lesson 1 - Course Overview
Lesson 2 - General Exam Information
Lesson 3 - Application & Exam Day
Lesson 4 - Purpose of Standards and Guidelines
Lesson 5 - Professionalism
Kin Knowledge: Physiology
Anatomy: Tissue Types, Joints & Planes, Mandible, Head Movers, Deep Torso
Math: None Yet!
Scope of Practice, Ethics & Advertising
Lesson 1 - Core Competencies: Scope
Lesson 2 - Practice Standards: Ethics
Lesson 3 - Supervising Students
Lesson 4 - Consent
Kin Knowledge: Exercise Prescription, Types of Fitness Tests
Anatomy: Bones, Respiration, Abdominal Region
Math: Body Mass Index
Boundaries & Conflicts Of Interest
Lesson 1 - Professional Boundaries
Lesson 2 - Conflicts of Interest
Kin Knowledge: Nutrition
Anatomy: Organs, Shoulder & Upper Arm Part 1
Math: Caloric Expenditure
Record Keeping, Collaboration & Discharging Clients
Lesson 1 - Record Keeping
Lesson 2 - Professional Collaboration
Lesson 3 - Discharging Clients
Lesson 4 - Advertising
Kin Knowledge: Ergonomics
Anatomy: Shoulder & Upper Arm Part 2, Arm Movers
Math: Target Heart Rate Section 1
Billing, Fees, Titles & Accountability
Lesson 1 - Fees & Billing Guidelines
Lesson 2 - Using Titles & Designations
Lesson 3 - Accountability In Different Roles
Kin Knowledge: Biomechanics, Statistics
Anatomy: Forearm and Wrist
Math: Caloric Consumption Section 1
Controlled Acts & Delegation Of Care
Lesson 1 - Scope & Controlled Acts
Lesson 2 - Interpreting Controlled Acts & Communicating A Diagnosis
Lesson 3 - Delegation, Directives & Assignments
Lesson 4 - Dual Health Care
Kin Knowledge: Behaviour Change
Anatomy: Thigh Movers
Math: Target Heart Rate Section 2
Treating Family Members & Mandatory Reporting
Lesson 1 - Treating Family Members & Friends
Lesson 2 - Mandatory Reporting
Kin Knowledge: Pathophysiology
Anatomy: Hamstrings & Quadriceps
Math: Caloric Consumption Section 2
Exam Question Tips & Starting Your Practice
Lesson 1 - Exam Questions Divided By Themes
Lesson 2 - Multiple Choice Tips & Tricks
Lesson 3 - Business Of Kinesiology
Kin Knowledge: You're All Done!
Anatomy: Common Injuries, Foot Movers, Toe Movers
Math: You’re All Done!
Are you ready to stop putting this exam (and your career) on hold and start prepping for success?
Next Session NOW OPEN!
First LIVE Meet Up | February 15th, 2024 | 7:00pm EDT
*Enrolment is limited so you can get the 1:1 attention and support when you need it.
Our Promise to You
It's important for you to know that this course is not endorsed by the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario. Our course was neither developed by the CKO nor is there a guarantee that by enrolling and completing this course you will pass your CKO-RKin exam.
Do know that we have carefully and strategically crafted this course, especially for you so that you can feel confident and supported while you prepare for your exam day. If you ever feel lost, confused, or overwhelmed, reach out to us so we can be there to help.