Get comprehensive course notes, a copy of the course presentation, assessment templates, cheat sheets for handy reference, and videos to support your learning. It's all here!
A course completion certificate is available following a quiz and a brief course evaluation.DOWNLOAD THE COURSE OUTLINE
Here’s What You’ll Learn In This Course:
- Work your way through research based functional tests for the upper body and then the lower body
- Get a chance to practice each exercise so you can coach your clients’ best attempts at each movement pattern during their assessment appointments with you
- See the testing equipment needed for the best outcomes – everything is portable, inexpensive and adaptable to your clients’ environments. They probably have most of the necessary equipment already at home!
- Watch for the places in each of the movements where your clients can get into ‘trouble’
- Learn how these functional tests can be reinterpreted into parts of your clients’ therapeutic exercise program
- Understand specifically how screening your clients’ movements can provide excellent feedback for you to use when designing personalized therapeutic exercise, general fitness, or sport performance programs for your clients
You'll become very clear about why it's important to move on to assessing your client's muscle function after seeing your clients move in very specific ways.
These functional tests will point you to the next step - figuring out where to begin a more detailed biomechanical assessment of the joints where you see movement restrictions or compensation patterns.
You'll learn detailed orthopaedic testing techniques based on the movement faults you find in your functional testing from this course when you register for the next courses in the First Line series: Biomechanical Evaluation For The Lower Body and Biomechanical Evaluation For The Upper Body.